Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nicole: "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman!"

So, here is my dissertation on myself!  I really don't find myself NEARLY as amazing as my family!  But for the sake of good form, I will play the matriarch and give you the low down!


That's me!  Sporting my most popular "Oh, really?" glance to the hubby!  I was born in Atlanta, GA even though my parents both hail from South Caicos (yes, just like Devon!)  We only lived there until I was four years old, but somehow I think the grits and cornbread sunk all the way to my bones!!  I still crave peach cobbler!  I truly am a Southerner at heart and think that the simpler life is, the better.  Being the daughter of a Baptist minister, I had my fair share of travel early on.  We moved to Harvey, Illinois (right outside of Chicago) and lived there until I was 10.  We then moved back south of the Mason Dixon line and settled in Sebring, Florida.  With all that bouncing, you see why I sigh when people ask where I am from! I moved to Jacksonville, Florida in 1995 to attend the University of North Florida and stayed there until I married Devon and moved to Turks and Caicos in 2005.  So, truthfully, Jacksonville is more my home than anywhere else.  So much so that I chose to birth all 3 of our kids there! 

My love is Classical Music, which was my field of study in school under the Vocal Performance track.  I was super blessed while in college to experience 2 separate trips to Europe not just to be a tourist, but to perform as a member of two separate choral ensembles.  It was an excellent taste of what it would be to live out my vocation exactly where I wanted to be!!  A lifetime learning Bellini, Mozart, Verdi and Puccini librettos was all I thought I wanted!  Hours of Schubert and Faure were fine with me!!  Teaching voice lessons would be how I would afford my extravagant meals of Ramen Noodles until The Met called!!  However, God had better plans for me as now I am blissfully married with 3 AMAZING rugrats and serve as Worship Director for our church, Harvest Bible Chapel, TCI.  I still teach a few voice students, but it is for enjoyment and every now and then I solo for events or church.  Generally, God has replaced music as the center of my life with people being the center.  A pretty functional way to live!! It is amazing what can happe when we allow God to balance our lives.  It releases us into our ultimate fufillment.  It is nice to know that He can use you to touch others and do His good works....and Mozart and I still see each other on weekends...



No comments:

Post a Comment